Accommodation During the Journey
The 11-day Annapurna Sanctuary trek package includes an eight-night stay in some of the best tea houses and lodges in the Annapurna region. The remaining two days, you will be spending in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara. The accommodations available in the trek are mostly twin-sharing rooms with private or separate bathrooms. The tea houses are well facilitated in places such as Landruk, Chhomrong, Dhamoys, Jhinu Dada, Bamboo, and Himalaya. Besides, if you are a solo traveler, we will arrange a private single room with an attached bathroom, wherever possible. Moreover, if during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara, we can arrange the rooms accordingly as per your budget and preference.
What is the Cheapest Form of Accommodation in The Annapurna Sanctuary Trek in Nepal
During the expedition, you will spend the night in local tea houses and lodges run by local families. Each of these establishments has a central communal area for travelers with a large stove, which provides a cozy atmosphere. However, the rooms where you'll be sleeping are unheated and feature a blanket, pillows, and mattresses. So, you will need an additional blanket and a sleeping bag to keep yourself warm.
The prices for these rooms are standard charges of $4-$5 per night, which is considerably cheaper compared to rooms in major cities of Nepal. At the same time, there are other options for facilitated accommodations in the region, which feature hot showers and attached bathrooms. We recommend saving your expenses and staying at local tea houses, which help the local community and businesses of smaller establishments.
What are the Meals Available in the Trek?
The tea houses provide Nepalese food with a mixture of Western recipes. Some famous examples are dumplings, chowmein, thukpa, and fried noodles. Besides, you can also enjoy the authentic taste of Nepalese cuisine with dak Bhat, porridge, Tibetan bread, and dhedo. For breakfast and lunch, you will have many options to choose from. These include popular food items such as spring rolls, sandwiches, pizza, and macaroni. Moreover, we encourage you to carry snacks like crackers and energy bars, which will provide you with the needed energy during the hike.
11-Day Annapurna Sanctuary Trek Cost
The cost of the Annapurna Sanctuary trek package will depend on the facilities you will use during the expedition. In general, the trek can range from USD 900 to USD 1000. It would help if you also remembered that you will be traveling to the remote regions of Nepal, meaning the prices will be more expensive than usual.
Do Trek Agencies Provide Discounts for the 11 Days Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
Yes, trek agencies in Nepal provide special discounts for the Annapurna Sanctuary Trek, but it will depend on several factors. It includes promotion, negotiation skills, time of the year, and group size. Trekking agencies will likely provide discounts if you travel with a large group of people. However, you must ensure the agency maintains high safety and service standards.
Top Airlines to Travel To and From Nepal For the 11 Days Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
Several international airlines operate flights from and to Nepal, which makes it accessible for travelers from all around the World to start their Annapurna Sanctuary Trek.
Some of the best airlines you can choose to travel to Nepal are as follows:
- Emirates Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- China Southern Airlines
- Air India
These airlines offer connections from several major cities worldwide to Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, Nepal. Besides, you must consider factors such as flight schedule, price, and layover duration. We also advise you to check for any entry requirements and travel restrictions.
Is This Trek for You? How Fit Do You Need to Be
The 11-day Annapurna Sanctuary trek is moderate in the Annapurna region of Nepal, with the highest elevation of 4130m. The trails will involve steep descents and lengthy ascents. During the trek, you will hike with periodic stops and rest as your body needs to recover. So, if you have past hiking experience, you can handle all the issues on the route. Your fitness level will have a direct influence on your experience of the trek. So, it would help to start jogging and exercising for a couple of weeks to enhance your physical stamina.
As a result, by the time you start the expedition, you will be able to:
- Hike comfortably for 6 hours with an elevation gain of 1000m.
- Have a heightened mentality and boosted confidence.
You Can Enjoy the Trek with Your Family
The trek is not strenuous, and the pace of the hike will always be slow and gentle. Additionally, it only involves one consecutive day of hiking long hours on the steep path at a high altitude. Nonetheless, it would help if you were physically fit with no severe medical conditions to complete the trek comfortably. If you're looking forward to commencing the trek with young children, then the 11-day Annapurna Sanctuary trek will be perfect. It is a better option than the Annapurna Circuit trek. In addition, we can tailor the Itinerary according to your needs with gradual ascent and enough time to rest and acclimatize during the trek.
How To Avoid Altitude Sickness| Medical Information
Our staff members have received extensive first-aid training and are well-experienced in handling complicated situations in the expedition. For instance, your guide will use an oximeter to monitor your oxygen level to detect any underlying health issues or early symptoms of altitude sickness. Regarding altitude sickness, you do not have to worry about it, as our Itinerary is specially designed to allow your body to acclimate as you gain elevation during the trek. Our expert staff members will also commence regular check-ups to ensure everything is fine.
Some of the extra precautions you need to take into consideration for your safety are as follows:
- Avoid alcoholic drinks as they dehydrate you.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water while trekking.
- Hike slowly, taking long breaths.
- You must inform your trek leader immediately if you experience symptoms such as headache, dizziness, and breathing.
- Carry prescribed medicines for colds, headaches, altitude sickness, and food poisoning.
Guide Service for Your Expedition in The Himalayas
All our staff members are proficient in English, government-licensed, and professionally certified. They have several years of experience trekking in the Himalayan regions of Nepal. So, they are incredibly knowledgeable about the terrains and landscape of the region. In addition, our guides are trained and are known for their friendly demeanor, safety and regulation, impeccable judgment, and technical proficiency.
How To Book 11 Days Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
If you have made up your mind, please get in touch with us by email or phone to book your Annapurna Sanctuary Trek. For booking confirmation, you must pay a partial amount of the package cost. Further, to help you with the process, a representative from OutFitters Nepal will assist you and help make the required preparations.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Solo/Private/Group
Most travelers who commence this expedition come in groups, but if you travel alone, we can arrange a departure date with other travelers worldwide. It will be a perfect opportunity for you to connect with other fellow trek enthusiasts and share your previous experiences. It is also cost-effective because you will pay for the package in a group.
On the other hand, if you prefer to travel alone, we will provide you with a guide who will assist you during the entire trek. This enables you to take your time to enjoy the hike and immerse yourself in the surrounding nature.
What permits do I need for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
To commence the expedition, you will need a TIMS card with an Annapurna Conservation Area Permit because you will pass through a conservation area.
The charges for these permits are listed below:
- TIMS card costs: NPR 2000
- ACAP permit costs for other nationals: NPR 3000
- ACAP permit costs for SAARC nationals: NPR 1000
Important Notice: Our package will arrange and cover all the necessary permit costs for the trek, so you won't have to pay additional charges for them.
11 Days Annapurna Sanctuary Dates For 2024, 2025
All the listed dates on our page are guaranteed departures. If the published dates do not match your plans, we at OutFitters Nepal are more than happy to arrange your trek on your desired date. So, let us know what kind of adventure you seek, and our experts will help plan and curate the travel of your dreams.
Annapurna sanctuary trek vs. Annapurna circuit. Which Is the Best Option For You
Starting these treks will depend on your fitness, level, experience, time constraints, and preferences. Here is a brief comparison to provide you with a brief overview of these treks.
Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Highlights: Diverse landscapes, high mountain passes like Thorong La pass (5,416m), Circumnavigation of the Annapurna Massif.
- Altitude: Trekking in a higher altitude region will require extended acclimatization and physical fitness.
- Duration: The expedition takes around 12 to 22 days to complete. So, the expedition is suitable for travelers who have spare time seeking a complete Himalayan trekking experience.
- Difficulty: The trek is challenging due to the higher Altitude and longer hike duration.
- Cultural Experience: You can interact with traditional villages and local monasteries.
Annapurna Sanctuary Trek:
- Highlights: Stunning views of Macchapuchhre and Annapurna Massif
- Altitude: The maximum elevation of the trek reaches around 4,130m at the Annapurna Base Camp. It takes around 7 to 11 days to complete the trek, depending on the trek and your trekking experience.
- Duration: The expedition takes around 12 to 22 days to complete. So, the expedition is suitable for travelers who have spare time seeking a complete Himalayan trekking experience.
- Difficulty: The Annapurna Sanctuary trek is moderately challenging and suitable for travelers with reasonable fitness and no trekking experience.
- Cultural Experience: You can immerse yourself in the authentic local culture and traditions of the native people.
Ultimately, both trek expeditions offer breathtaking scenery and an experience you will never forget. If you have more time and seek a challenging adventure, then the Annapurna Circuit trek will be the perfect choice. On the other hand, if you have little time on your hands and prefer a less demanding trek with short trails, then the Annapurna Sanctuary trek is a better option. Besides, before you decide, you must assess your preferences, fitness level, and trekking experience.
How OutFitter Nepal Strive for Corporate Social Responsibility
Apart from creating one of the best travel packages in Nepal, OutFitters Nepal strives to improve the lives of the people and the environment we explore. To learn more about our practices, read the sustainable highlights we have listed below:
How we minimize the carbon footprint
- Foods and equipment in high-altitude regions are transported using yaks and mules, minimizing the carbon footprint from transportation.
- We arrange your accommodation at family-run hotels rather than a large hotel chain, and during the trek, you will be staying in locally owned tea houses.
- You will consume a mostly vegetarian diet during the trek.
- Participation in initiatives to control wildfire and deforestation issues.
- Most of the tea houses are solar powered.
How this trip improves the life of the local communities
- This trek package offers opportunity and income for the community at the destination by emphasizing eating local food and staying at local establishments.
- Using local guides and staff informs our clients about the local culture and traditions.
- OutFitters Nepal also practices philanthropy as we seek to serve several welfare associations that operate in the communities of the remote regions of Nepal.
Tips for sustainable travel practice
- Avoid the use of plastic bottles by avoiding the purchase of mineral water. We encourage you to use refillable water bottles during the trek.
- We advise you not to leave any rubbish and trash in the trails. Always keep the wrappers of soap, shampoo, and snacks in a plastic bag and dispose of them in a bin.
- If you wish to contribute your clothing equipment to us, we will share it on the clothing bank, which will later be distributed to villages and schools in rural Nepal.
- Buy locally handmade items and be cautious of handicrafts that might be made from endangered animal species.
How do we protect and conserve local landscapes and wildlife?
- By traveling in smaller groups, we intend to minimize our impact on the environment and its resources.
- The trek permits help to preserve the wildlife and vegetation of the region.
- We actively work to reduce waste and eliminate the use of single-use plastic water bottles.
- Our packages adhere to animal welfare guidelines to ensure best practices have been implemented regarding pack animals used for transport.
Checklist For Your Trek with Us
To enable you to enjoy a memorable expedition, we have listed the equipment and essential documents you must pack for your trip to Nepal. Remember, some of these equipment may vary according to your travel season.
Visa & Passport
Foreign nations require a visa to enter Nepal, which can be obtained on arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport or from a Nepalese embassy in your country. Besides, it can also be obtained from any entry point at the Nepalese borders.
- Use your passport details to fill out the information while applying for your visa.
- Your passport must be at least valid for six months.
- Bring passport-size photos for visa, trekking permit, and other essential documents.
- Airline tickets
- Copies of visa and passport
- Credit and Debit cards for withdrawing funds from ATMs
- Headscarf or bandana
- Woolen or synthetic hat
- Sunglasses, headlamps, and batteries
- Woolen or fleece gloves
- A pair of mittens
- Two pairs of heavy woolen socks
- Two pairs of lightweight inner socks
- Hiking boots
- Running shoes and gaiters
- Thermal tops and long sleeve shirts
- Pullover and fleece wind-stopper jackets
- Down vest and waterproof jackets
- A pair of hiking trousers
- A pair of hiking shorts
- Waterproof pants
- Thermal Bottoms
- Anti-headache and diarrhea pills
- First-aid box
- Plasters and aspirin
- Cold medicine
- Ear plugs
- Prescription glasses
- Water purification tablets
- Sleeping bag and sleeping bag liner
Rucksack and Travel Bags
- One large duffel bag
- Medium rucksack
- Daypack for carrying your belongings
- Waterproof rucksack covers
- Folding Knife, Compass, and Lighter
- Water bottles, digital cameras, and binoculars
- Tissue, hand wash, and wet wipes
- Mirro, nail clippers and deodorants
- Toothbrush/paste and drying towel
- Deodorants and soap
- Journal, pen, and reading book
- Trave games such as playing cards and chess
- Voltage converter and plug adapter
- Important Information You Should Know
Should You Tip in Nepal?
Outfitter Nepal realizes tipping might be an uncommon practice in most countries around the World. But, in Nepal, it is considered a standard practice that all tour operators encourage. However, deciding whether you would like to tip the staff members for their service and hospitality is always up to you. Moreover, the amount is also determined by you as there is no fixed amount you should tip. Besides, tips are discretionary, and if you are unsatisfied with the service provided, you can feel free not to give tips to the staff member.
Respect Culture and Traditional Norms
- The Nepalese way of greeting is by holding our hands before our faces.
- Ask permission before you enter holy sites and temples and remove your shoes.
- Always walk in a clockwise direction around religious monuments and temples.
- Do not point your fingers at a person.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that cover your body while visiting temples and monasteries.
- Eat with your right hand.
- Always ask for consent before you take pictures of the local people.
How much Luggage can I bring to the Sanctuary Trek?
Your baggage will be weighed before the start of the trek; the maximum limit for the equipment you can carry is 9 kg per traveler. You will be charged a specific amount if the Luggage exceeds the designated weight limit. We also provide duffel bags during the trek briefing, allowing you to carry your equipment safely. If you have your own, it is up to you to decide whether you want to use our duffel bags. Besides, we highly recommend carrying all the necessary equipment in the main duffel bag. It should not be attached outside or carried in a hanging bag as it might get lost or fall off during the trek.
Travel Insurance for Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
Although the trek expedition is a moderate grade with low chances of complications in physical health, it is not entirely risk-free, as there will be chances of sudden climate change, illnesses, and natural disasters. Therefore, you must provide a copy of the travel insurance policy certificate to OutFitters Nepal. This will ensure medical and emergency repatriation coverage, including emergency evacuation and helicopter rescue. So, all trekking members are requested to provide us with the travel insurance details within a week after the booking. It will allow us to arrange a swift rescue for your safety and well-being.
The roads in urban areas such as Kathmandu and Pokhara will be congested with many vehicles during the peak tourist seasons. Outside of the city areas, the road might be affected by landslides or soil erosion during the monsoon season. We suggest you use a high-standard vehicle service during your travel to Nepal. This will ensure you a comfortable and safe trip. And, if you come across any difficulties during your travel, you can speak to the travel agency immediately.
Communication During the Trek
There are landline telephones in most village settlements along the trek routes of Nepal. You can also use mobile phone services, but the reception will vary according to the location. Internet and wifi facilities are also available in tea houses, but you will be charged a specific amount for using them.